Can You Encourage Older Players Into Tennis?
Apply for a grant
Do you want to attract more adults into playing tennis? There are grants available to support new initiatives.
Seniors Tennis GB (STGB) is running a scheme – in association with the LTA and a number of county associations – which aims to encourage more adults over 35 years old to play tennis more often.
Grants of up to £500 are available. The deadline for applications is Sunday 25 March 2018.
The scheme has been very successful in previous years and it’s easy to apply. Simply come up with a plan that focuses on encouraging take-up of tennis by adults over the age of 35 who are either entirely new to tennis or who have moved away from the game for various reasons.
Typical projects might include:
- Tennis Express
- Touch Tennis
- Weekend or midweek timed tournaments
- Family sessions; mum, dad and kids combined sessions
- Local company tournaments
All applications are welcome with new ideas preferred.
What you need to do:
- outline your ideas, including planned dates/times/places/costings for the event(s)
- proposed participant numbers, how you aim to attract new players into the programme
- organiser details and the county or national association you belong to
- details of how you will measure the effectiveness of the programme eg you might measure the number of new members you recruit, the number of BTMs signed up
You will receive a response by 23 April 2018 although we will try to contact you earlier. If your plan is approved, you will be eligible for a grant of up to £500 – although please note that most grants awarded tend to be in the range of £200 to £300.