The Quorn Family Tennis Cup (QFTC) is an informal, family doubles competition. Junior players (10U) play with an adult family member in a fun atmosphere at local venues. It encourages families to play tennis together, and eat healthy food to complement an active lifestyle.
Nationally, nearly 600 club events ran in 2018 with more than 6,000 players taking part and having fun!
How do the Red Ball Club Events work?
- Adults play alongside their 10U child, grandchild, niece or nephew in doubles matches
- All matches are played on Mini Red courts with red balls, and all players use 21” or 23” rackets
- Rules are modified to get the ball in play quicker and for longer making games fun and exciting
- Round robin formats are used with matches usually timed using tie-break scoring
- Events usually last 1-2 hours and there are plenty of prizes and certificates to be won.
Winners of club events are also invited to play in a Red Ball Festival Day which are similar to QFTC red ball events, the festival days are held at summer grass court LTA events across the UK during June.
Who are these events for?
Players of any standard can play in these events!
The formats are designed to be fun and informal with adults on courts to help out if needed (and to have fun themselves!). Beginners to advanced players will all have a great time.
The junior player must be 10U and the adults player must be 18+ and related* at the time of competition.
*Parent, grandparent, uncle, aunt, sibling, carer, guardian
How do I sign-up?
- Exact dates will be advertised by your local tennis venue
- Simply contact your tennis venue to register your space, or request they register to run an event if they aren’t yet doing so (it’s free for clubs to register and receive resources)
- The QFTC red ball events usually run between February to May.
Yellow Ball events
Details for the 2019 Yellow Ball events will be announced shortly on he LTA website
For any information in the meantime, please contact email@example.com
Are you a venue and want to find out more?
Head to the Quorn Family Tennis Cup venue page for more information!