What is Team Challenge?
Team Challenge is a fun competition designed for mini and junior tennis players, but there are adult events as well. Players compete in small teams for points over a short series of matches, with winners being awarded medals. There are prizes to be won by other players too, with all players receiving certificates provided by the LTA.
More than 600 clubs introduced Match Weeks in their programmes in 2019 and there was more than 30,000 entries to play in a Team Challenge Festival – why not join in now?!
There are 2 Team Challenge formats, of which you can run one or both all-year-round, across all your age groups:
Team Challenge: Match Weeks
- The middle and last week of your coaching programme becomes Match Week e.g. before half term or the end of term
- Teams play fun, competitive matches in any format you like
- You control the format with the support of resources from the LTA
- An excellent way to keep players engaged & having fun with no additional organisation
Team Challenge: Festivals
- These are bigger events that take place on the last week of term or half-term
- Festivals can be run within your venue alone or you can invite others to take part
- The LTA provide dedicated resources packs including medals, certificates, prizes and more
- You choose the theme of the pack from either the standard Team Challenge packs or one of the seasonal themes (e.g.
- Summertime Slam / Halloween Monster Smash / Back the Brits / Girl Set Match)
Further information about Team Challenge
To find out all the information and how sign up, please click here to be directed to the LTA site.